T Levels

What are T Levels?

T Level courses are a new educational program for 16-19-year-olds created by employers, which includes an industry placement component.

During the T Level course, students will spend 80% of their time in the classroom, honing their skills in line with employer needs. The remaining 20% of the course will involve a hands-on industry placement, where they can apply their newfound skills in a real-world work setting. These placements are a departure from the conventional work experience, offering students a more comprehensive and structured work experience that lasts a minimum of 315 hours (approximately 45 days).

Who Can Provide Industry Placements?

If you are an employer based in England, you can offer an industry placement to a T Level student.

It is recommended that industry placements take place in an on-site work environment and not remotely. To make this possible, consider partnering with a T Level school or college in close proximity to your organisation.

Before committing to an industry placement, it’s important to understand your responsibilities as an employer.

Why Offer Industry Placements?

Industry placements present a unique opportunity to work alongside the next generation of workers entering your industry and ensure they possess the necessary knowledge, attitude, and practical skills to succeed.

How to Offer an Industry Placement

Over 2,000 employers are already collaborating with local schools and colleges to provide industry placements. To get involved, your first step is to get in touch with T Level schools and colleges near you.

Once you’ve established a connection with a school or college, they will support you throughout the entire process.

Employer Incentives

The employer support fund provides funding to support legitimate costs that an employer incurs when offering a T Level industry placement opportunity.

Employers can only claim for costs up to a maximum of £25,000 across all placements they are hosting and via all providers they may be working with.

Additional training

The employer support fund can cover costs for extra training if:

  • the student needs the training to get value from the placement
  • staff members need the training to make sure the placement is high quality

Any employer who offers a suitable placement opportunity for a T Level student is eligible to claim for legitimate costs.

The fund is for industry placements that begin between 1 April 2023 and before 31 March 2024.

Quick Fact Checker

  1. 1
    What's the Scheme?

    T Levels are new courses that combine classroom theory, practical learning and substantial industry placements (45 days) to make sure students have real experience of the workplace

  2. 2
    What's in it for me as Business Owner?

    The Government are making funding of over £150m available for providers delivering in 2023.

  3. 3
    How do I apply?

    For 2023-2024 T Levels, click here.

    For 2024-2025 T Levels, click here.

  4. 4
    Find out more

    Please click the button below to check your eligibility.

Book your meeting with me to find out more about the all of the support Digital Future First can offer

Looking for TraineeshipApprenticeship Support?

Apprenticeships/

16 yr old and over can gain the skills and qualifications needed by businesses with a combination of flexible on-the-job and off-the-job learning.

Graduate Placements /

Coming soon Graduate programmes last up to 10 weeks. You only pay 40% of the total employment cost which gives you a unique chance to get some serious talent on a project.

In-work Training/

Coming soon Training that will help you refresh and build on your existing skills in order to help you in your job.

Knowledge Transfer Partnerships/

Coming soon The Knowledge Transfer Partnership project is shared by the business and by Innovate UK who contribute 50-67% of support to help businesses grow.

Traineeships for employers

The intention of traineeships

Reduce the number of young people who are unemployed, not in education or in training.
Encourage 16-24 year olds to participate in training and education.
Secure young people’s progression to a positive outcome as quickly as possible
Helping the region bounce back

Speed up business. Reduce Risk.

GET IN TOUCH

Have questions?

Whether you have a question about traineeships, apprenticeships, training, eCommerce, or anything else, our team is ready to answer all your questions.

  • 4 + 76 =

    logo

    Digital Future First is part funded by the European Social Fund and led by Supplyant Limited, and co-developed in partnership with Database for Business Limited and the Learning and Skills Academy CIC

    ADDRESS

    34-35 Duncan Close, Moulton Park Ind Est, Northampton, NN3 6WL

    PHONE

    01604 679097

    EMAIL

    info@digitalfuturefirst.co.uk